Monday, July 18, 2011

Music Fashion Icon - Shirley Manson of Garbage

Music has always driven me. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a killer melody and a beat.

Shirley Manson (of the band, Garbage)
I've always had great respect for strong women in music and if there is one chick who truly encompasses that it's Shirley Manson, lead singer of the alterna-rock band Garbage. As the only female in an all guy band, Shirley blended feminine frocks with rough-and-tumble items, creating a perfect fashion contradiction as well as a look that not only complimented the solid edge and industrial musicality of the band but also let her own individuality shine through.

Fishnet tights, bold red lips and fiery tresses.
I think I was in 6th grade when I saw the music video for "Only Happy When It Rains"(off of their first self-titled album, Garbage) and my jaw dropped in delight. The hot colored shift dresses. The combat boots. The fishnet stockings. The shaggy bob. She was putting items together that I had never even considered pairing together before, and it all looked so tough and effortless! Thus, my love affair with the trendy songstress began.
Bold jewelry, tartan minis and fishnets - remixed as only Manson can!





Kohl-rimmed eyes are a must for Manson!
Bold skintight sheath dresses can be a rock-in-roll Goddess' best friend!

 

These boots were made for walking, rocking and kicking ass!

Truly a vixen in her own right and a total rock Goddess! Shirley, you rock!


 Last but not least - here is the video that started it all for me :) Enjoy!



 
"I feel the same way I did when I was in school. I'm having the same insecurities. They don't go away just because they call you a sex symbol."- Shirley Manson

(Sigh, as if I couldn't heart this girl enough - she has to go on and prove that she's human! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment